I'm an Okie!

Ok, so I was born and bread in Oklahoma. When I was transplanted to Florida as a child, I missed a lot about Oklahoma. Mostly the food. Let's face it, Florida is hardly the south. Maybe a few households, but most of Florida is a mix of everything. The most southern thing about Florida is it's geography. Anyhow, what is more southern than your Grandma's cooking. In my case, my Nanny. That is what I call my Grandma. Her cooking was always the best. I guess that is where I got my love of cooking. When she passed away in 2005, the only thing I wanted of hers was her recipes. Nothing makes me feel more connected to her than making one of her dishes. So, I thought what better way to honor her than to share her recipes with others. If you love southern cooking, keep me in mind. And if you have any requests, I will do my best to find them for you.

HAPPY EATING!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cupcake Contest

Well, the wonerful lady, Christy, over at Southern Plate is teaming with Wilton to give away a wonderful cupcake kit. Check it out, enter, and you might just win!

No comments:

Post a Comment